Many of you might wonder who exactly linemen are. Linemen are typically your everyday workers who work around electric poles and wires in order to repair any kind of damage caused due to a plethora of reasons.
They have a job – the job of climbing on poles, as well as at times they have to hang around on ropes for repairing serious issues at such extreme heights. For them, it is very much important to be excellent climbers and for that, they need to have the right pair of footwear with them.
Their job is very risky and any minute negligence can cause a severe casualty.
For a lineman, it is very necessary to own the right pair of work boots that feature an important component in them – a steel shank.
It is basically a steel material plate placed between the insole and the outsole of the boot in order to provide an extra layer of comfort and security to the person who is wearing them. Security in terms of getting any electric shock and comfort in terms of whether or not it can be worn the entire day without getting any unwanted injuries while climbing the poles.
For purchasing the best pair of lineman work boots it is extremely essential to look for the following parameters. No compromise must be done with these aspects at any cost:
- Their waterproof nature: Almost all the time lineman workers have to climb on wooden poles and this possesses a great risk of slippage and getting injured. A perfect pair of work boot must be waterproof and should be able to soak all the water components from any of the surfaces upon which he keeps his foot. A dry surface is an ideal situation but in case of the wet surface, all you have to do is be careful and cautious.
- High-quality outsoles: Climbing on the poles is not an easy job. It is one of the most strenuous jobs that a lineman has to perform which eventually puts a lot of pressure on his feet. When a work boot that is specially designed for linemen have a high-quality outsole, it eliminates the chances of having a bad user experience. Not only you get the best of comfort and protection for critical situations but also stay safe out there while performing the most dangerous of jobs. A good quality outsole always possesses superior traction and has a sticky outer surface for safe working on wet surfaces.
- Outstanding Durability: This is the cherry on top of the cake. Investing in a good pair of work boots is a long-term goal of making it last at least 5 years. A good quality lineman work boot has excellent durability due to the presence of high-quality leather or rubber material and is ideal for climbing and working on electric wooden poles all day long.
So let’s dive into the world of lineman boots and find out which ones are the best of the best for your everyday use.
1. Timberland Pro Men’s Pitboss 6” Steel Toe Review – The best-selling Steel shank work boot for linemen.
A top of the class product from the house of Timberland, this lineman boot with steel shank is the bestseller on Amazon. Trusted by a lot of people and backed by the outstanding quality and technology used in its making, this steel shank work boot is raging fire in terms of selling.
- Material/Built Quality
- Made up of high-quality Nubuck leather material. It has a midsole that is made up of polyurethane as well as a shock diffusing plate made up of nylon. Extremely durable in terms of quality and the finest product that is living up to its standards and expectations.
- Look and Feel
- In terms of look and feel this one of the most elegant, classy and state of the art product that will definitely woe you in the first look. It is one of the most comfortable lineman work boots that you can buy. It provides excellent protection from the unsafe working environment and also keeps your toe safe.
- In terms of usability, it is really convenient to use. It provides protection against electric shocks. This is the finest product from the house of TImberland and is made to last for a long time. It comprises a good year welt construction and what that basically means is that a special kind of chemical is used to connect the outsole of the boot to the leather boot.
- Key Features
- Presence of steel Shank: The steel shank used in this Boot is made of high-quality material that is ANSI certified for safety standards. The rubber used in the making is heat resistant rubber. The steel shank or steel toe is 6 inches in length and accounts for additional safety.
- Anti-microbial formula: It comprises anti-microbial treatment formulas that help to dissipate the bad odor.
- Durable construction: It features a full-grain collar that is padded with leather along with the midsole as well. It comprises cast metal hooks as well. The inside of the boot allows quite a good amount of air breathability due to the proper movement of air. Hence no tension for bad odor.
No wonder it is the bestselling steel shank work boots for the lineman. A value for money product that will never disappoint you. Timberland is a well-reputed brand that has always lived up to its quality parameters and this amazing piece of footwear is a perfect example of the exemplary craftsmanship the brand has put into designing these boots.
2. Chippewa Men’s 25405 9” Waterproof Steel-Toe Super Logger Review – A state of the art product from the house of Chippewa.
A fine product from the house of Chippewa, this steel toe super logger boot is one of the best for lineman workers. An epitome of fashion and high quality, this work boot is crafted from one of the best design aesthetics that depicts a perfect blend of comfort and elegance. Built from one of the best craftsmanship and technologically sound materials in the footwear industry, This is one of the perfect buys you can ever own for your everyday work life.
- Material/Built Quality
- These work boots are made up of premium high-quality leather which is basically a good year leather. The soles of these work boots are extremely high quality and high grade and come under military-grade boots. SO from this, you can make a judgment about its built quality.
- Look and Feel
- When it comes to the look and feel of this boot, you won’t be disappointed on any front that’s for sure. It is pretty much stylish looking from the outside which has super loggers in it. One of the perfect boots to perform high intensity and heavy-duty jobs. It is highly durable and in terms of durability, you won’t be left wandering here and there online. It needs no validation for its quality.
- One of the most comfortable and relaxing boots to use. The lineman has to spend most of their time on the poles. Hence these heavy-duty and tough jobs are made a piece of cake for the lineman with these pair of work boots. It is one of the safest product to use and is made up of a special waterproof mechanism which basically ensures that your feet remain fresh, cool and dry
- Key Features
- High stability: These boots are extremely stable and provide comfortable working conditions for up to 6 hours.
- Latest technology waterproof mechanism: It has a Chip-A-Tex water proof mechanism and a Ruby Dry Lex 2000 Lining
- Steel toe boot: It has a steel toe or steel shank present inside the soles.
If you are a leather boots freak and want the best waterproof boots for your everyday use, just without giving it a second thought go for this pair of boots.
A perfect combination of durability with stability, these boots are built to last for long. Quality is the main concern when it comes to buying a perfect pair of work boots and this is perfectly illustrated through the Chippewa Men’s 25405 9” Waterproof Steel-Toe Super Logger boots.
3. Wolverine Men’s Raider 6″ Contour Welt Boot Review – The flagship product from the house of Wolverine.
For lineman workers, this is yet another fine product that can be considered under the best work boots for lineman workers with steel shank or steel toe.
It comprises a contoured welt of 6 inches in the soles which accounts for enhanced safety and much better user experience. A perfect combination of high quality, better and elegant looks comfort and durability, this work boot is swaying the market by a storm.