Best Large Hard Hats in 2020 (Buyers Guide)
Large Hard hats have become a modern icon of America’s rugged productivity. Today they are one of the most important items to have in an industry, where hazards like the falling of object or electric shock are very common. Even a tiny screw or nail can give a deadly impact on your head if fallen from a height. Most of the people in these cases either got a lifetime illness like paralysis or spot death. So large hard hats should be your first priority and reduce the risk of severe injuries.
Hard hats are necessary for every industry; mining, firefighting, electricians, plumbers, welders, loggers, and many others. Before buying the hard hat, it is important for you to understand your work and the kind of protection you need. So here’s a small guide for you which may help you to select the best for yourself.
Parts of a Hard Hat
Wearing a large hard hat is very important because it protects the most delicate part of your body: your head. These simple, yet indispensable devices have numerous features that help keep your head safe:
- Rigid Outer Shell – This deflects and resists blows to the head.
- Internal Suspension System – This piece acts as a shock absorber. It shields your face, neck, scalp, and shoulders against spills and splashes.
- Faceshield – This feature is only available on some varieties and serves to protect your face.
Types of Hard Hats
- Type 1 helmets incorporate a full brim, which means that the brim encircles the dome of the hat.
- Type 2 helmets do not have a brim but may include a short bill similar to a baseball hat.
Classes of hard hats
- Class E – E stands for electrical, this class of hat provides the greatest protection against electrocution. It is rated to protect against exposure to high-voltage electrical conductors, to a maximum of 20,000 volts.
- Class G – G stands for General; this class of hat is the most common type of large hard hat. It has been tested to provide protection against low-voltage conductors, to a maximum of 2,200 volts.
- Class C – C here stands for Conductive, these hats provide no electrical protection.
How to Pick a Hard Hat
- Material – Your hat/helmet should first be made from polyethylene, a tough, durable material. The whole functionality of the hat depends on the material that is used to build the hat.
- Adjustable Straps – These allow you for tightening or loosening easily while wearing the hat to ensure your hat does not fall off.
- Color – Colors may be required at construction firms in order to distinguish between trades or workers and visitors to give an idea of who is on-site and what work they are associated with.
- Headband Adjustment – Headband adjustment, allows you to adjust your hard hat to a comfortable fit.
- Weight – The weight of the large hard hat is important if you wear your hat all day; the lighter, the better.
- Durability – Finally, make sure the hard hat is durable and will always work for you from one job site to the next over a long period.
MSA V-Gard Jumbo (Large) Size Cap Style Hard Hats w/FasTrac III Suspensions and Handy Tote Bag – Hi-Viz Orange
This is the perfect combination of strength, durability, and comfort at a reasonable price.
This MSA V-Gard cap style large hard hat offers the finest combination of safety, personal comfort, and value in head protection. It can be used in any industry. They are very popular among industrial workers because they fit the needs of the workers very well.
Features and Benefits
- The MSA V-Gard hard hat falls under the category of Type 1, which means they are made with a full brim that would encircle the dome of the hat and class E, which means the helmet, would provide the greatest protection against electrocution. It is rated to protect against exposure to high-voltage electrical conductors, to a maximum of 20,000 volts.
- The hat features 4 point ratchet suspension, this will help you to make quick adjustments and get an optimal fit.
- The outer shell is made with hard plastic that is absolutely reliable while working. It is strong and consists of a built-in obstacle avoidance system that would protect your head anyway.
- Along with the hat, there’s a hard hat carrying tote to keep the hat when not in use, this keeps the hat free from scratch or any other damage.
- Manufacturer: Texas America Safety Company
- Battery: Not Required
- Color: Hi-Viz Orange
Advantages and Disadvantages
This is an absolutely perfect choice for the workers with large heads with the best combination of strength, affordability, and comfort.
MSA Skull Gard Cap Style Jumbo Size Hard Hat with Fas-Trac 3 Ratchet Suspension Custom Gold
This is an exclusive customized hat available by the Texas American Safety Company.
These hats are ideal for work environments that contain high heat work like welding, building construction, and shipbuilding industries. But it can also be used for other environments.
Features and Benefits
- Material: these caps are specially made of fiberglass, which gives the hat perfect thermal protection. The fiberglass products are top on the list of hats that can withstand high temperatures.
- Suspension: it has ratchet-style suspension which gives it a feature to quickly adjust the fittings while wearing it easily.
- Category: it falls under type 1 and class C, E, and G standards.
- Material: fiberglass
- Suspension: ratchet-style
- Manufacturer: MSA
- Batteries: not required
Advantages and Disadvantages
This is an ideal hat for withstanding heat and for industries that need protection from high heat.
In the above segment, you read about two products that fit right in the category of large/jumbo sized hard hats. They are the best in quality and have the best features of all. An industrial zone or construction zone can be dangerous when the proper safety precautions aren’t taken. These large hard hats protect your most precious body part that is the head. There are plenty of large hard hats available in the market with different specifications and features and designs. It is not mandatory to buy the products we are showing, if it doesn’t suit you then find something else. This is a general post and we are showing you the best rated hard hats appropriate for large heads.
In our opinion, the first hard hat in the list, ‘MSA V-Gard Jumbo (Large) Size Cap Style Hard Hats w/FasTrac III Suspensions and Handy Tote Bag – Hi-Viz Orange’ could be the best-featuring hat in large size. It is the best combination hat that one can ever get. It is ideal for industrial workers as well as other workers too with a big sized head. It is often very difficult to get a proper hat having all kinds of features. You can check out this, it is affordable and comfortable too.