Hard Hats for Small Heads : Reviews and Buyers Guide
Hard hats have become the most used and recommended modern safety equipment. Today they are used in any industry, where hazards like the falling of object or electric shock are very common. Even a tiny screw or nail can give a deadly impact on your head if fallen from a height. Most of the people in these cases either got a lifetime illness like paralysis or spot death. So hard hats should be your first priority and reduce the risk of severe injuries.
Hard hats are necessary for every industry; mining, firefighting, electricians, plumbers, welders, loggers, and many others. There are plenty of hard hats available in the market, and we have already posted many times about hard hats, then what is so different about this post? Today we will discuss hard hats specially made for small-sized heads. All the hard hats available in the market are free-size that can be worn by the average size head of men. But what about women and also some men with smaller heads? So we are here for you to help to select the best hard hats for small heads. before buying the hard hat, it is important for you to understand your work and the kind of protection you need. So here’s a small guide for you which may help you to select the best for yourself.
Before we start with the review of hard hats for small heads, we would like to revise the common guide for buying the proper hard hat. We have already discussed this but we would like to repeat it if you’re new to this site.
Types of Hard Hats
- Type 1 helmets incorporate a full brim, which means that the brim encircles the dome of the hat.
- Type 2 helmets do not have a brim but may include a short bill similar to a baseball hat.
Classes of hard hats
- Class E – E stands for electrical, this class of hat provides the greatest protection against electrocution. It is rated to protect against exposure to high-voltage electrical conductors, to a maximum of 20,000 volts.
- Class G – G stands for General; this class of hat is the most common type of hard hat. It has been tested to provide protection against low-voltage conductors, to a maximum of 2,200 volts.
- Class C – C here stands for Conductive, these hats no electrical protection.
How to Pick a Hard Hat
- Material – Your hat/helmet should first be made from polyethylene, a tough, durable material. The whole functionality of the hat depends on the material that is used to build the hat.
- Adjustable Straps – These allow you for tightening or loosening easily while wearing the hat to ensure your hat does not fall off.
- Color – Colors may be required at construction firms in order to distinguish between trades or workers and visitors to give an idea of who is on-site and what work they are associated with.
- Headband Adjustment – Headband adjustment, allows you to adjust your hard hat to a comfortable fit.
- Weight – The weight of the hard hat is important if you wear your hat all day; the lighter, the better.
- Durability – Finally, make sure the hard hat is durable and will always work for you from one job site to the next over a long period.
As because we are here to discuss a hard hat for small size heads, we would like you to make sure that you also look after the size of the hat in the description before buying it.
Visit Also to check more Safety Hard Hats :Best Large Hard Hats in 2020 (Buyers Guide) Best Hard Hat Sun Visor : Reviews & Buyers Guide Best Lineman Hard Hats Buyers Guide
MSA Skullgard (SMALL SIZE) Cap Style Hard Hats with Ratchet Suspension – Natural Tan
This MSA skull guard hard hat is comparatively smaller in size making them great for women and other men with small heads.
The helmet has a smaller shell size which makes it different from other hard hats. It is also strong and comes with ratchet suspension. So in no way it is less effective than other hard hats.
Features and Benefits
- It’s stylish in looks by featuring a protective cap style with a smooth crown, but a very functional hat as well. It’s perfect for women workers, but can also be used by men with smaller sized heads.
- It meets all the applicable requirements for a Type 1 helmet (top impact) and class G (good for low electric voltage).
- It can give you protection in any type of environment because it is made with strips of fiberglass that makes it a much better thermal resistant hat. It can withstand extreme heat up to 350 degrees Fahrenheit.
- The ratchet-style suspension will make it easy to adjust the helmet without worrying much. It also provides a more comfortable fit.
- Head size: 6 to 7 1/8
- Material: fiberglass
- Manufacturer: MSA
- Style: cap
Advantages & Disadvantages
Pyramex Ridgeline Full Brim Hard Hat, 4-Point Ratchet Suspension, Matte Black Graphite Pattern
This hat is strong, yet ultra-light for seemingly weightless protection and ratchet-style makes it more convenient.
The ABS constructed hat is very easy to adjust and strong. This is a perfect small size hat with many better features than any other hat.
Features and Benefits
- Strong: it is the ultimate combination of high performance which gives excellent protection from impacts and provides exceptional personalized comfort.
- ABS material: the ridgeline hard hats are made from ABS thermoplastic resin, which is an absolute sample of strength and rigidity. It is the lightest yet strongest hat because of the lightweight material used to build it. It is also electrically insulated with a glossy look.
- Low profile: the Ridgeline hats are made with a low profile system, which enables more natural and comfortable fits. It allows the hat to sit lower on the crown of your head and gives more coverage than higher-profile settings.
- Customized fit: there is a 4-way adjustable harness point (can be changed into 6-point suspension with the HP6PTSUS) that allows you to move the harness forward, backward, up, or down without worrying about comfort. It also has a pressure pad and sweatband which will lead you to ultimate comfort. The adjustable and padded swinging rear suspension will give you a secure fit.
- Dimension: 13 x 11 x 7 inches
- Weight:6 ounces
- Manufacturer: Green Supply
- Style: full brim 4-Ratchet suspension
- Material: Polymer
Advantages & Disadvantages
In the above segment, you read about two products that fit right in the category of small-sized hard hats. They are the best in quality and have the best features of all. An industrial zone or construction zone can be dangerous when the proper safety precautions aren’t taken. These hard hats protect your most precious body part that is the head. There are plenty of hard hats available in the market with different specifications and features and designs. This is a general post and we are showing you the best rated hard hats appropriate for small heads. You can search for other hats too.
We would recommend you to consider the Ridgeline hard hat before anything else. They are the best in quality and have better features than anyone else. It is made with ABS material which is considered as the most precious and strongest material in this hard hat industry. It has adjustable ratchet-style suspension which will help you to adjust the hat anytime and anywhere within a few seconds. This is the best for the small-sized heads with the same quality as other hats.